Introduction to Leadership
René Carayol MBE - Nothing is Best Done Alone Anymore
René Carayol is a leading authority on Leadership and Inclusion.
He discusses how the days of the ‘lone wolf’ lead sales person are long gone. Great players don’t win trophies, great teams win trophies. Everybody needs to be part of the team.
- Recognising strength in diversity
- Understanding how collaboration can strengthen your workforce
- Being a great leader creating more good leaders
Karen Blackett OBE - Know Yourself, Know Your Customer
Karen is an avid champion of diversity and has been consistently delivering business growth and success during her 22-year career in media.
In this session Karen will focus on two areas that are vital to establishing successful relationships: self-awareness and understanding your customer.
- Understand the importance of authenticity
- Explore how to build trust with customers
- Learn what customers want to hear
Tiffani Bova - Keep Your Sales Team Thriving: Why We Need To Talk About Burnout
Tiffani Bova looks out to the future for disruptive trends while at the same time scanning the near horizon for real world impact. In this session, she considers the impact of burnout while working from home.
- Looking after yourself to keep performing well
- Practical tips and advice to rest and relax during stressful times
- Consider your customers situation and connect
Dr Graeme Codrington - Future-Proof Your Sales Team
In a world where exponential and disruptive changes are the norm, the role of the sales team needs to shift significantly. Grame Codrington will highlight the forces shaping our world and how sales professionals need to respond to them in order to remain relevant and successful.
- Learn how to identify disruptive change and take advantage of the opportunities it brings
- Discover the five key skills of the future fit sales professionals
- Be inspired and informed to face the future with confidence
Sir Clive Woodward - Back To Work Leadership Strategy: Q&A hosted by Chris Brindley MBE
Helping you prepare and manage your business, to better support your returning workforce. An expert and high tech strategy helped Sir Clive, coach the England rugby team to victory in the 2003 Rugby World Cup.